Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All By Herself

The Princess spends a lot of time in a onesie these days.  Why, you ask?  Because she can take normal clothes off and streak across the house and pee on the floor.  Bet you'll think twice about asking me "why" again!

She also runs warm, like her momma.  In the dead of winter, I hang around the house barefoot in shorts and a tank top, except for the odd times when I catch a chill.  For her whole life, The Princess has been like me in this way.  99% of the time, she is perfectly happy to run around with bare arms and legs.

Today, though, it apparently got a bit chilly for my little one.  So, (drumroll, please), she dug through her room, found a pair of stretch pants, and put them on.  By herself.  Okay, so they were inside-out.  And they didn't even come close to matching her ever-present onesie.

But she put them on.  All by herself.

That was the best darned phone call I think I've ever gotten at work.  I'm so proud of my baby!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! What an accomplishment -- you go, Princess!

    And an FYI -- if it ever feels chilly enough that the Princess needs long-sleeve onesies, or she needs bigger-size onesies as she grows, there are some excellent plain-white (tie-dye-able!) ones in sizes up to 6T at http://www.essentialwhites.com/

    No, they didn't pay me to say that, I just know how hard it can be to find this stuff beyond the short-sleeve, small-size ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! That is SOOOO awesome! I am such a proud Auntie =D =D =D

    ReplyDelete