Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dimmer

Yesterday, the world got dimmer.

Ron Payton, a dear family friend, passed away unexpectedly, and for once I find myself at a loss for words. 

A man so full of light and life, he instantly lit up a room the moment he entered. It was impossible to be grumpy around that smile. 

He had a voice that could make me bounce with glee and eyes that twinkled like the stars. Watching him sing and perform was an absolute joy. 

Story time is over, and I just can't believe I'll never see him again. 

His charm, his grace and his kindness were unparalleled, and he will be sorely missed. 

Ron, we love you. Always will. 


4 comments:

  1. You said it so well. I don't have the words.
    It's soooo hard to comprehend when such a smiling, happy, seemingly healthy young soul suddenly disappears from this world.
    Ron, say hi to Hilbert for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, obviously a special person to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you who knew Ron, visitation is tomorrow. Here's the link to his obituary: http://www.strangfh.com/home/index.cfm/obituaries/view/fh_id/10834/id/3273245

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing left to say but that your friend is now in the better place where he obviously deserved to be. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete